God of Mercy and Compassion

By Edmun Vaughan; Giovanni Battista Perfolesi



                      I
Em                                        D
God of mercy and compassion,
Em
Look with pity upon me;
                                            D
Father, let me call thee Father,
Em
'tis thy child returns to thee.

Refrain:

G                                    D
Jesus, Lord, I ask for mercy,
Em                                   D
Knowing it is not in vain;
Em                             D
All my sins I now detest them,
Em
Help me not to sin again.

                    II
Em                                        D
Only by thy grace and mercy
Em
May I hope for heav'n above,
                                                   D
Where the Saints rejoice forever
Em
In a sea of boundless love.

                    III
Em                                             D
See our Saviour, bleeding, dying,
Em
On the cross of Calvary;
                                                         D
To that cross my sins have nailed Him,
Em
Yet He bleeds and dies for me.


Please click here for Ilonggo version.



to download lyrics and chords, click here...

No comments: