Here I Am, Lord

Based on Isaiah 6
Dan Schutte, S.J.

Intro:  G   C   G   Am  D

                               I
G                    C             G                C            G           D     G
I, the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry
               Em         Am        C   Am                    D        G
All who dwell in dark and sin.    My hand will save.
                              C           G               C              G              D       G
I who made the stars of night, I will make their darkness bright.
                Em          Am        C          Am      G       D
Who will bear My light to them!    Whom shall I send?

Refrain:
D         G                            C        G
Here I am, Lord.  Is it I, Lord?
                               Am               D
I have heard you, calling in the night.
         G                                 C       G
I will go, Lord, if You lead me.
                          Am      D
I will hold Your people in my heart.

                            II
G                    C             G                C              G                D     G
I the Lord of snow and rain, I have borne My people’s pain.
            Em         Am       C    Am                  D        G
I have wept for love of them.   They turn away.
                              C           G                          C              G        D       G
I will break their hearts of stone, give them hearts for love alone.
          Em          Am        C       Am           G       D
I will speak My word to them.    Whom shall I send? (Refrain)

                              III
G                    C             G                 C            G              D      G
I, the Lord of wind and flame, I will tend the poor and lame.
         Em    Am           C   Am                      D        G
I will set a feast for them.     My hand will save.
                         C           G                  C              G      D       G
Finest bread I will provide, till their hearts be satisfied.
          Em       Am      C      Am            G        D
I will give My life to them.       Whom shall I send?   (Refrain)

No comments: