Close to Me (I watch the sunrise)

                 
                    I
C                           F                    C
I watch the sunrise lighting the sky,
F                    C           G
Casting its shadows near.
C                              F                            C
And on this morning, bright thought it be,
F                      C         G     C      
I feel those shadows near me.

Refrain:
                     Em      F             C
But you are always, close to me,
F                C           G7    C
Following all my ways.
                 Em     F              C
May I be always close to you,
F               C             G7      C
Following all your ways, Lord.

II
C                            F                              C
I watch the sunlight shine through the clouds,
F                       C           G
Warming the earth below.
C                             F                      C
And at the mid-day, life seems to say:
F                   C              G    C      
I feel your brightness near me.

For you are always….

III
C                           F                C
I watch the sunset fading away,
F                        C              G
Lighting the clouds with sleep.
C                              F              C
And as the evening closes it eyes,
F                   C            G    C      
I feel your presence near me.

For you are always….

IV
C                                F                       C
I watch the moonlight guarding the night,
F                   C             G
Waiting till morning comes.
C                       F                 C
The air is silent, earth is at rest
F                  C           G    C      
Only your peace is near me.

Yes, you are always…..

No comments: