Hymns for the Month of May (Lyrics)

Entrance:
                           I
Immaculate Mary! Our hearts are on fire;
That title so wondrous fills all our desire.
Ave, ave, ave Maria! Ave, ave, ave Maria!
                         II
We pray for God's glory, may His kingdom come!
We pray for his vicar, our father and Rome
Ave, ave, ave Maria! Ave, ave, ave Maria!
                         III
We pray for our mother the Church upon earth,
And bless, sweetest lady, the land of our birth.
Ave, ave, ave Maria! Ave, ave, ave Maria!
                         IV
In grief and temptation, in joy or in pain,
We'll ask thee, our mother, nor seek thee in vain.
Ave, ave, ave Maria! Ave, ave, ave Maria!
                          V
To God be all glory and worship for aye;
To God's Virgin Mother an endless Ave.
Ave, ave, ave Maria! Ave, ave, ave Maria!

Alle - lu - ia,  Alle - lu - ia,  Alle - lu – ia.
Alle - lu - ia,  Alle - lu - ia,  Alle - lu – ia.

Offertory:
                        I
Gifts of bread and wine, gifts we’ve offered,
Fruits of labour, fruits of love.
Taken, offered, sanctified.
Blessed and broken, words of one who died.

Refrain:
Take my body, take my saving blood.
Gifts of bread and wine: Christ our Lord.
                        II
Christ our Saviour, living presence here.
As he promised while on earth.
I am with you for all time.
I am with you in this bread and wine. (Refrain)
                        III
To the Father, with the Spirit
One in union with the Son.
For God’s people, joined in prayer.
Faith is strengthened by the food we share. (Refrain)

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God the power and might.
Heaven and earth are full of your glory.
Hosanna in the highest.

Blessed is He, blessed is He,
Who comes in the name of the Lord Most High
Hosanna in the highest, in the highest.
Hosanna in the highest.

Dying you destroyed our death
Rising you restored our life.
Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus.
Come in glory.

A – men, A – men, A   –   men.
  
Lamb of God
Lamb of God, You take away the sins.  
Have mercy on us, and all of mankind.

Lamb of God, You take away the sins.  
Have mercy on us, and all of mankind.

Lamb of God, You take away the sins.  
O grant us your peace, Your everlasting peace.

Communion:
                     I
Jesus living in Mary, come and live in me
Here is a body to move among men
Reach out again to others.
                      II
Jesus giving in Mary, come and give in me
Here are two hands that are able to bear
Teach them to share with others.

Chorus:
Here is a mind to be filled with you light
Let it ignite for others.
Here is a voice that was made for your word.
Let it be heard for others.
                     III
Jesus loving in Mary, come and love in me
Here is a heart that is beating for you
Pour your love through for others. (Chorus)


Refrain:
I thank my God
Each time I think of you!
And when I pray for you,
I pray with joy.

                      I
Now there is one thing I am sure of,
He who began His work in you,
Will see that it is truly finished,
When the day of Jesus comes! (Refrain)
                      II
That I should feel like this towards you
Seems only natural to me.
For you have shared with me my labours!
The Gospel privilege with me! (Refrain)
                     III
Since you have borne with me my burdens,
I now bear you within my heart!
And God alone knows how I miss you!
I love you just as Christ loves me! (Refrain)
                    IV
I pray your knowledge will be deepened!
Your love be mutual and strong!
Then you will reach the perfect goodness!
Then to the Lord you will belong! (Refrain)

Finale:
                I
As I kneel before you,
as I bow my head and pray'r,
Take this day, make it yours,
and fill me with your love.

Chorus:
Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum, benedictatu.
                II
All I have I give you,
ev’ry dream and wish are yours,
Mother of Christ, Mother of mine,
present them to my Lord. (Chorus)
                  III
As I kneel before you,
and I see your smiling face,
Ev'ry thought, ev'ry word,
is lost in your embrace. (Chorus)


Click for downloadable compiled hymns for the month of May and for First Holy Communion



Does this blog helps?  
Any amount will be a great help.  Thank you.

No comments: