How Great Thou Art (O Lord, My God)



I
                      A                          D
O Lord, my God!  When I in awesome wonder,
                  A                           E7           A
Consider all the works thy hand has made.
                                            D
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
            B7               A        E7                 A
Thy pow’r throughout the universe displayed.


Refrain:
                                          D                         A
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee,
                            E7                             A
How great thou art! How great thou art!
                                          D                       A
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee,
                           Bm                     E     A
How great thou art! How great thou art!

II
                      A                            D
And when I think that God, his Son not sparing,
                      A                         E7      A
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in:
                                                    D
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
         B7            A        E7                   A
He bled and died to take away my sin.

III
                                  A                           D
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation,
                           A                            E7        A
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
                                             D
Then shall I bow in humble adoration,
          B7              A           E7                           A
And there proclaim, my God how great thou art!


(by Stuart Hine)

No comments: